The next monthly walk will be at 9am on Sunday, 2nd October, led by Kate Thornley
The Australian Labyrinth Network is offering a two hour seminar at Ronald McDonald House in Sydney on Friday 25th November, for those interested in discovering how labyrinths can enhance well-being in both a personal and community sense, and particularly in terms of young people’s mental health. It would be of interest to health professionals, carers, teachers, meditators or anyone seeking to deepen their understanding of the labyrinth. Penny Jones, Susanne Jones and Margaret Rainbird will share their experiences of labyrinths in communities, with young people and a moving personal journey. You will also get the chance to walk the beautiful labyrinth nearby at Westmead Hospital.
The Labyrinths and Wellbeing Seminar
Friday 25th November, from 10am-1pm
Ronald McDonald House, Westmead, Sydney or live via zoom
Come and experience the profound metaphor of the labyrinth in a group setting. It’s an opportunity to remind yourself what it feels like to simply be in community in a peaceful, gentle way. Sydney Labyrinth events are free and open to all. The labyrinth is on Dickens Drive. Go to the location page for directions and sign up to our newsletter to receive updates about all labyrinth events.
If you don’t feel up for group walks, the labyrinth is still there for you. A place of refuge and sanctuary in complicated times. Use it as a contemplative tool to walk your way into the bigger picture, releasing anxieties on the way in, aligning with what truly matters as you pause in the centre, like a tuning fork between the earth and the sky, then following the path back out into the world, weaving into your awareness any insights or metaphors you may have noticed along the way. Walking meditation helps us accept whatever is going on in our lives and that what’s in the way, usually is the way.
May you walk in peace
and know yourself
to be beloved on the earth,
held and blessed by all that is.
FACILITATED MONTHLY WALKS
- Sun 6th Mar: Matthew Evans @9am
- Sun 20th March: Autumn Equinox with Desiree DeKlerk @ 8am
- Sun 3rd April: Elizabeth MacGregor @9am
- Sun 1st May: Desiree DeKlerk @9am
- Sat 7th May: World Labyrinth Day with Maja Skrlj @ 1pm
- Sun 5th June: Elizabeth Lee @9am
- Sun 19th June: Winter Solstice with Desiree DeKlerk @8am
- Sun 3rd July: Matthew Evans @9am
- Fri 29th July: Walk of Wellness with Desiree DeKlerk @10am
- Sun 7th August: Sally Longley @9am
- Fri 12th August: Walk of Wellness with Desiree DeKlerk @2pm
- Sun 4th Sept: Penny Jones @9am
- Sun 18th Sept: Spring Equinox with Robyn Katz @ 8am
- Sun 2nd Oct: Kate Thornley @9am
- Sun 6th Nov: Maja Skrlj @9am
- Sun 4th Dec: Erica Webber @9am
- Sun 18th Dec: Summer Solstice with Maja Skrlj @7am