Facilitated group walks are held at the Centennial Park Labyrinth at 9am on the first Sunday of every month. The next one will be at 9am on Sunday 3rd November led by psychotherapist, Heather Keens..
Join us on from 12.30-5pm on Sunday 20th October for Labyrinth Dances of Reconciliation. After a picnic lunch, acknowledgement of country and taking Holy Communion together we will be learning some simple walking dances to pray for reconciliation and healing between Christian, Jewish and Aboriginal communities. As this is the last day of the Jewish Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) we will also have the pouring of water to pray for both physical and spiritual rain on our land and in our peoples.
1. Pilota Easter dance from Mediaeval European Cathedrals
2. Hineh Mah Tov from Psalm 133 “How good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together”
3. Aboriginal walking dance led by Scarred Tree Fellowship
(Please register via email@example.com by Friday 11th Oct)
Photo illustration by Tamara Trejo
Come and experience the profound metaphor of the labyrinth in a group setting. It’s an opportunity to learn more about the labyrinth and to remind yourself what it is to simply be in community in a gentle, peaceful way. These events are free and open to all. The labyrinth is on Dickens Drive. Go to the location page for directions and sign up to our newsletter to receive updates about all labyrinth events.
May you walk in peace
and know yourself
to be beloved on the earth,
held and blessed by all that is.
FACILITATORS FOR MONTHLY WALKS IN CENTENNIAL PARK
- Sun 6th October: Joan Harcourt
- Sun 3rd November:Maja Skrlj-Tufegdzic
- Sun 1st December: Heather Keens
- Sun 22nd December: Summer Solstice (Susanne Jones & Heather Keens)
- Sun 5th January 2020: Erica Webber
- Sun 2nd February 2020: Desiree De Klerk
In addition to our regular monthly walks, Sydney Labyrinth are now offering special Solstice walks at the earlier time of 8am in Winter and 7am in Summer, when the park is even more peaceful. Guided by psychotherapist, Heather Keens and meditation teacher, Susanne Jones, these misty morning meanders are the perfect opportunity for you to quiet your mind, listen to your heart and clarify intentions for your path.