The next monthly walk will be at 9am on Sunday 2nd May, led by Erica Webber.
WORLD LABYRINTH DAY
Special event at 1pm on Saturday, 1st May led by Heather Middleton. Every year on the first Saturday in May, thousands of people around the world participate in this walking meditation at 1pm in each time zone, creating a rolling wave of peaceful prayers. Join us walking as one at one on World Labyrinth Day.
WALKING WITH INTENTION at 10am on the first Friday of the month. Spiritual Director, Elizabeth Lee will draw on a different theme each month: Hope, Mindfulness, Autumn, Wisdom of the Sages, Gratitude, Winter, Solitude, Lost & Found, Spring, Guest of the Earth, Those Who Have Gone Before and Summer. For more information go to Elizabeth’s website, Vision and Action
Come and experience the profound metaphor of the labyrinth in a group setting. It’s an opportunity to remind yourself what it feels like to simply be in community in a peaceful, gentle way. Sydney Labyrinth events are free and open to all. The labyrinth is on Dickens Drive. Go to the location page for directions and sign up to our newsletter to receive updates about all labyrinth events.
If you don’t feel up for group walks, the labyrinth is still there for you. A place of refuge and sanctuary in complicated times. Use it as a contemplative tool to walk your way into the bigger picture, releasing anxieties on the way in, aligning with what truly matters as you pause in the centre, like a tuning fork between earth and sky, then following the path back out into the world, weaving into your awareness any insights or metaphors you may have noticed along the way. Walking meditation helps us accept whatever is going on in our lives and that what’s in the way, usually is the way.
May you walk in peace
and know yourself
to be beloved on the earth,
held and blessed by all that is.
FACILITATED MONTHLY WALKS
- Sat 1st May: World Labyrinth Day with Heather Middleton @ 1pm
- Sun 2nd May: Erica Webber @ 9am
- Fri 7th May: Walking with Intention @ 10am
- Fri 4th June: Walking with Intention @ 10am
- Sun 6th June: Heather Keens @ 9am
- Sun 20th June: Winter Solstice with Elizabeth MacGregor @ 8am
- Fri 2nd July: Walking with Intention @ 10am
- Sun 4th July: Annalise Thomas @ 9am
- Sun 1st August: Matthew Evans @ 9am
- Fri 6th Aug: Walking with Intention @ 10am
- Fri 3rd Sept: Walking with Intention @ 10am
- Sun 5th Sept: Heather Middleton @ 9am
- Fri 1st Oct: Walking with Intention @ 10am
- Sun 3rd Oct: Elizabeth Lee @ 9am
- Fri 5th Nov: Walking with Intention @ 10am
- Sun 7th Nov: Wendy Rose-Williams @ 9am
- Fri 3rd Dec: Walking with Intention @ 10am
- Sun 5th Dec: Elizabeth MacGregor @ 9am
- Sun 19th Dec: Summer Solstice with Maja Skrlj @ 7am